How to list all visible or hidden sheets from workbook?
If you have a large workbook which contains some hidden worksheets, now, you need to list all visible and hidden sheets separately in a worksheet as following screenshot shown. This article, I will talk about how to list all visible and hidden sheets in Excel.
To list the visible and hidden tab names in a worksheet, the following VBA code may do you a favor, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: List all visible and hidden sheets separately:
Sub NameSheets() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim x As Long, y As Long, z As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Dim shtCnt As Integer x = 1 y = 1 z = 1 shtCnt = ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count On Error Resume Next Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets.Add After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count) For i = 1 To shtCnt If Sheets(i).Visible = xlSheetHidden Then Cells(x, 2) = Sheets(i).Name x = x + 1 End If If Sheets(i).Visible = xlSheetVisible Then Cells(y, 1) = Sheets(i).Name y = y + 1 End If If Sheets(i).Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden Then Cells(z, 3) = Sheets(i).Name z = z + 1 End If Next i Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, all visible, hidden, very hidden sheets are listed in a new sheet separately as following screenshot shown:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Create List of Sheet Names feature, you can quickly list all visible sheets of current workbook with hyperlinks to each tab.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Create List of Sheet Names, see screenshot:
2. In the Create List of Sheet Names dialog box:
(1.) Select Contains a list of hyperlinks under the Sheet Index Styles section;
(2.) Enter a worksheet name for sheet index.
(3.) Specify the location of the worksheet index.
(4.) Specify how much columns you want to display the worksheet names in the sheet index.
3. And then click Ok button, all visible sheets have been listed into a new sheet exclude the hidden sheets, see screenshot: