How to quickly jump to the cell with current date in Excel?
Here is a sheet with a list of dates, you want to quickly jump to the cell which is with current date, how to solve this problem?
Here is a VBA code that can help you quickly jump to the cell with current date.
1. Enable the workbook you want to use, and press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, paste below code to the Module.
VBA: Jump to current date
Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20161221 Dim daterng As Range Dim DateCell As Range Dim WorkSht As Worksheet Dim dateStr As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each WorkSht In Worksheets WorkSht.Select 'Set daterng = Range("A:A") Set daterng = WorkSht.UsedRange 'daterng.Select For Each DateCell In daterng DateCell.Activate ActiveCell.Select On Error Resume Next dateStr = DateCell.Value If dateStr = Date Then DateCell.Select Exit Sub End If Next Next WorkSht Application.ScreenUpdating = True 'Worksheets(1).Select End Sub
3. Press F5 key, then the cursor jumps to the cell with current date wherever you locate in the workbook.
If you are not familiar with VBA code, you also can apply the Find and Replace utility to jump to the current date.
1. Enable the sheet which contains the date list, and select a blank cell, type this formula =TODAY(), press Enter key, now you get the today date.
2. Press Ctrl + C to copy the today date, and go to select the list of dates, and then press Ctrl + F to enable the Find and Replace dialog, in the Find what textbox, press Ctrl + V to the paste the today date into. See screenshot:
3. Click Find All. Now the cursor jumps to the cell with today in the selected list.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!