How to quickly insert tick and cross marks into cells?
In a worksheet, we can insert the tick and cross marks by using the Symbol feature by default, but, it will be boring if you can just insert one symbol each time. This article, I will talk about some tricks for you to quickly insert the tick and cross marks in Excel.
To quickly insert the tick and cross marks, the shortcut letter “a” and “r” can do you a favor. Please do as this:
1. Select the column cells where you want to insert the tick and cross marks, and then choose the Webdings font under the Home tab, see screenshot:
2. Now, when you enter the letter “a” in the cell, it will become tick mark, and if you type the letter “r”, it will become cross mark, see screenshot:
Here is another quick and easy way for you to insert the tick and cross marks by only clicks.
1. Right click the sheet tab that you want to insert tick and cross marks, and then choose View Code from the context menu, in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window, copy and paste the following code into the blank Module:
VBA code: Insert tick and cross marks into cells:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) 'Updateby Extendoffice If Target.Cells.Count = 1 Then If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2:B12")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Font.Name = "Wingdings" .Font.Size = 12 If .FormulaR1C1 = " û " Then .FormulaR1C1 = "ü" Else .FormulaR1C1 = " û " End If End With End If Cancel = True End If End Sub
Note: In the above code, B2:B12 is the cells where you want to insert the tick and cross marks, you can change the cell reference to your need.
2. Then save the code and close this code, now, when you double click a cell once, a cross mark is inserted, and when double clicking a second time, a tick mark is displayed, see screenshot:
Save the specific symbols and insert them anywhere you need:
The AutoText feature of Kutools for Excel can help you to save the specific symbols, formulas, data or other items in the Autotext pane, and then you can reuse them anywhere in the Excel file you need.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!