How to filter multiple columns simultaneously in Excel?
When you apply the Filter function, after filtering one column, the next columns will be only filtered based on the result of the previous filtered column. It means that only AND criteria can be applied to more than one column. In this case, how could you apply both the AND and OR criteria to filter multiple columns simultaneously in Excel worksheet?
For example, I have a range of data, now, I need to filter them based on the criteria from multiple columns: Product = AAA-1 and Order > 80, or Total Price >10000 to get the following filter result:
The Advanced Filter may help you to solve this job as you need, please do step by step:
1. Create the filter criteria to your need, this example, I will enter the criteria in range G1:I2, see screenshot:
Note: To create an AND criterion, put your criteria on the same row, if creating OR criterion, put the criteria on separate rows.
2. After creating the criteria, please click Data > Advanced, see screenshot:
3. In the Advanced Filter dialog box, do the following operations:
(1.) Select Filter the list, in-place option under the Action section;
(2.) Click button to select the range of cells which you want to filter from the List range box;
(3.) And then click button to select the filter criteria you want to filter based on from the Criteria range box;
4. Then click OK, and multiple columns have been filtered simultaneously based on the criteria, see screenshot:
If you cannot apply the Advanced Filter expertly, the Kutools for Excel’s Super Filter also can do you a favor. With it, you just need to select the criteria as same as using the Filter feature without typing the criteria manually.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel please do as follows:
1. Click Enterprise > Super Filter, see screenshot:
2. In the popped out Super Filter dialog box:
(1.) Check Specified and click button to select the data range that you want to filter;
(2.) Select the relationship between criteria And or Or from the Relationship drop down list;
(3.) Then select the criteria which you need in the criteria list box.
3. After finishing the criteria, please click Filter button, and the data has been filtered based on multiple column criteria simultaneously, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!