How to print specific sheet based on cell values in Excel?
Have you ever tried to print some specific sheets based on a cell value? In this article, I will talk about some examples about this issue, if you are interested in this problem, please go on.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
Supposing there are two sheets, you want to print Sheet1 or Sheet2 or both sheets based on Cell A1 in the Sheet1. Please do as below:
In this case, enter 1 indicates to print the first sheet, enter 2 to print the second sheet, and 3 to print both sheets.
1. Enter 1, 2, or 3 as you need to A1 in the first sheet, and press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window. See screenshot:
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below code in the Module script. See screenshot:
VBA: Print Sheet based on cell value
Sub PrintStuff() 'UpdayebyExtendoffice20180811 Dim xRgVal As Variant Dim xSheets As Sheets Set xSheets = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets xRgVal = xSheets(1).Range("A1").Value If (IsNumeric(xRgVal)) And (Len(xRgVal) = 1) Then Select Case xRgVal Case 1 xSheets(1).PrintOut Case 2 xSheets(2).PrintOut Case 3 xSheets(1).PrintOut xSheets(2).PrintOut Case Else MsgBox "Enter1,2 or 3 into A1(1 print Sheet1 2 print Sheet2 3 print Sheet1 and Sheet2 ", , "KuTools For Excel" Exit Sub End Select Else Exit Sub End If End Sub
3. Press F5 key to directly print the sheet(s).
If you have multiple sheets in a workbook, and you want to print one or several sheets based on cell values from this workbook, you can do as below:
1. Create a new sheet named Control Sheet in the workbook you use, and list all sheet name in column A (include or exclude the control sheet as you need). See screenshot:
2. Type “print” in the adjacent cell next to the sheet name if you want to print it. See screenshot shown.
3. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and click Insert > Module. See screenshot：
4. Paste below code to the Module, and press F5 key to run the code.
VBA: Print based on adjacent cell
Sub CreateControlSheet() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20170811 Dim i As Integer Dim xCSheetRow As Integer Dim xSName As String Dim xCSheet As Variant Dim xRgVal As String On Error Resume Next xSName = "Control Sheet" Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False Set xCSheet = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(xSName) xCSheetRow = xCSheet.Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row For i = 2 To xCSheetRow xRgVal = xCSheet.Range("B" & i).Value If xRgVal = "Print" Or xRgVal = "print" Then If xCSheet.Range("A" & i).Value <> "" Then ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(xCSheet.Range("A" & i).Value).PrintOut End If End If Next xCSheet.Delete ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Control Sheet" Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Sheet Name" Range("B1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Print?" For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count Range("A" & i + 1).Value = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Name Next Cells.Columns.AutoFit Application.DisplayAlerts = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
After running the code, the sheet(s) will be printed right now, and at the same time, a new Control Sheet will replace the old one.