How to convert dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy in Excel cells?
In Excel, the standard date format is mm/dd/yyyy, but in some cases, the dates in the files you received or import are in the format dd/mm/yyyy, how can you change these dates from dd/mm/yyyy format to mm/dd/yyyy in Excel as below screenshot shown?
There is a formula that can quickly convert dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy date format.
Select a blank cell next to the dates you want to convert, type this formula =DATE(VALUE(RIGHT(A9,4)), VALUE(MID(A9,4,2)), VALUE(LEFT(A9,2))), and drag fill handle over the cells which need to use this formula.
Note: A9 is the date you use to convert.
Add same text to a specific location of each cell in Excel
|How could you add text or characters to the beginning of multiple cells, or add text or characters to the end of cells or insert text or characters between existing text? With Add Text utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly apply the following operations: . Click for full-featured free trial in 30 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in full future 30 days.|
Also, you can split the date format into columns by the Text to Columns feature, and then combine with a formula with the new order.
1. Select the dates you want to convert, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In Step 1 of Convert Text to Columns Wizard, check Delimited option. See screenshot:
3. Click Next, and check Other, and type / into the next to text box. See screenshot:
4. Click Next, and select a cell to output the data in Destination box. See screenshot:
5. Click Finish. Then the dates have been split into columns.
6. Select a blank cell, and type this formula =C1&"/"&B1&"/"&D1, drag auto fill handle down to the cells needed this formula.
Note: In the formula, C1, B1 and D1 are the delimited cells.
- How to convert dD.MM.YYYY to date format (mM/DD/YYYY) in Excel?
- How to calculate net work hours between two dates excluding weekends or holidays in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!