How to extract all records between two dates in Excel?
Here is a range of data in Excel, and in this case, I want to extract all rows records between two dates as below screenshot shown, have you any ideas to quickly handle this job without looking for data and extracting them one by one manually?
To extract all records between two dates in Excel, you need to do as these:
1. Create a new sheet, Sheet2, and type the start date and end date in two cells, for instance, A1 and B1. See screenshot:
2. In the C1 in Sheet2, type this formula, =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$2:$A$22>=A2)*(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$22<=B2)), press Enter key to count the total number of matching rows. See screenshot:
Note: in the formula, Sheet1 is the sheet contains the original data you want to extract from, $A$2:$A$22 is the range of data, A2 and B2 are the start date and end date.
3. Select a blank cell that you will place the extracted data, type this formula =IF(ROWS(A$5:A5)>$C$2,"",INDEX(Sheet1!A$2:A$22,SMALL(IF((Sheet1!$A$2:$A$22>=$A$2)*(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$22<=$B$2),ROW(Sheet1!A$2:A$22)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$2)+1),ROWS(A$5:A5)))), press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys, and drag Auto fill handle over columns and rows to extract all data until blank cells or zero values appear. See screenshot:
4. Remove the zeros, and select the dates showing as 5-digit numbers, go to Home tab, and select Short Date in the General drop-down list to format them in date formatting. See screenshot:
If you want to more easily handle this job, you can have a try on the Select Specific Cells feature of Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the data you want to extract from, click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Entire row option, and select Greater than and Less than from the drop-down lists, type the start date and end date into the text boxes, remember to check And. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok > OK. And the rows matched the dates have been selected. Press Ctrl + C to copy the rows, and select a blank cell and press Ctrl + V to paste it, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!