How to vlookup matching value from another google sheet?
Supposing, you have following two google sheet files, now, you need to vlookup the matching value in one file from another one, do you have any good solutions to finish it?
The following formula can help you to extract the matching values based on one key column, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =IFERROR(vlookup(A2,IMPORTRANGE("https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Plv5B3v3VfPtdWSJ4zFM6DKPY0MhcCxiYS0vYrxORHE/edit#gid=543140280","my data!A2:B12"),2,false),) into a blank cell where you want to vlookup the matching value.
Note: In the above formula:
- A2 is the cell which you want to vlookup its matching value;
- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Plv5B3v3VfPtdWSJ4zFM6DKPY0MhcCxiYS0vYrxORHE/edit#gid=543140280 is the file address which you want to vlookup from;
- my data!A2:B12: is the sheet name and cells range you want to search from;
- 2: indicates the column number that your matched value is returned.
2. Then press Enter key to get the first result, see screenshot:
3. And then select the formula cell and drag the fill handle down to the cells you want to extract the matching value as you need, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!