How to vlookup matching value from another google sheet?
Supposing, you have following two google sheet files, now, you need to vlookup the matching value in one file from another one, do you have any good solutions to finish it?
The following formula can help you to extract the matching values based on one key column, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =IFERROR(vlookup(A2,IMPORTRANGE("https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Plv5B3v3VfPtdWSJ4zFM6DKPY0MhcCxiYS0vYrxORHE/edit#gid=543140280","my data!A2:B12"),2,false),) into a blank cell where you want to vlookup the matching value.
Note: In the above formula:
- A2 is the cell which you want to vlookup its matching value;
- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Plv5B3v3VfPtdWSJ4zFM6DKPY0MhcCxiYS0vYrxORHE/edit#gid=543140280 is the file address which you want to vlookup from;
- my data!A2:B12: is the sheet name and cells range you want to search from;
- 2: indicates the column number that your matched value is returned.
2. Then press Enter key to get the first result, see screenshot:
3. And then select the formula cell and drag the fill handle down to the cells you want to extract the matching value as you need, see screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoThanks for this! However, this is only working on about half of my items. I have copied the text exactly as it appears and made sure the format type is the same as well. About half of my data is being found, while the other half is empty (due to the iferror formula). has anyone else found this or have a solution?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoCan someone help please. I am getting #N/A as a result. I have even tried to put in the importrange formula in a blank cell but still no luck. I have also tried using the LINK SHARE url instead of the actual URL.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoNot working please help.
getting blank cell as result.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHave you granted access for "importrange" part? If not, you need to put formula "=importrange("link, range") in a blank cell first. Then you will have a pop-up window asking you to grant the access. Now, the full formula should work.
I had exactly the same problem before and found this solution on another website. Hope it works. Good luck.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoThank you so much. It worked for me too!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoWow, very nice of you to share the solution here... Thanx a lot
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoThis fixed it for me. Thank you so much! I was tinkering for hours.