How to check if a shape or image exists in active sheet?
For example, there have been dozens of shapes or images added in the active worksheet already, and now you want to check if a specific shape or image exists in the active sheet or not, how can you quickly handle this job without checking the shapes or images one by one? In Excel, no built-in function can help you, but in this article, I introduce a VBA code to quickly find if a shape or image exists in the active sheet.
Please apply below macro code to check if a specific image exists in active sheet.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module and paste below code to the script.
VBA: Check if a shape or image exists
Sub CheckImage() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20170927 Dim xChar As Picture Dim xFlag As Boolean Dim xCharName As String On Error Resume Next Application.ScreenUpdating = False xCharName = "cat" xFlag = False For Each xChar In ActiveSheet.Pictures Debug.Print xChar.Name If xChar.Name = xCharName Then MsgBox "The Image is on the Active Sheet", vbInformation, "KuTools For Excel" xFlag = True Exit For End If Next If Not xFlag Then MsgBox "The Image is Not on the Active Sheet", vbInformation, "KuTools For Excel" End If Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press F5 to run the code, a dialog pops out to remind you if the image exists in the active sheet.
Tip: In the macro code, you can change the image name in xCharName = "cat" to meet your need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!