How to quickly check if a range contains some values in Excel?
If there are a huge range and each cell contains several data, and how can you quickly check if it contains some values in a column as below screenshot shown? In this article, I introduce some tricks on solving this problem.
Select a blank cell next to the value you want to check if appears in the range, type this formula =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$6,"*"&B2&"*")>0, and drag the auto fill handle down to check other values. See screenshot:
1. In the formula, A2:A6 is the range you want to use, B2 is the value you want to check if appears in the range.
2. This formula also can use to a range that each cell contains one data.
Select Cells/Rows/Columns with one or two criteria in Excel
|The select Specific Cells of Kutools for Excel can quicky select all cells or rows or columns in a range based on one criterion or two criterion. Click for 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!