How to copy row to another sheet based on cell value in Google sheet?
Supposing, you have a list of data in a sheet, now, you need to copy the rows which contain the text “Complete” in Column E to another new sheet as following screenshot shown. How could you deal with this job in Google sheet?
To copy the rows based on specific text to another new sheet, the following formula may help you, please do as this:
Enter this formula: =filter(original!A:E,original!E:E="Complete") into the new sheet where you want to paste the specific rows, and then press Enter key, all rows which contain the specific text in column E have been pasted into this new sheet, see screenshot:
1. In above formula: original!A:E is the sheet name and data range that you want to copy rows from, original!E:E="Complete" is the specific criteria, means to copy the rows that contain the word “Complete” in column E. You can change them to your need.
2. Here is another formula: =query(original!A:E, "where E = 'Complete' ",0) also can help you to finish this task.
If you want to solve this job in Excel worksheet, the Kutools for Excel’s Select Specific Cells can help you select the specific rows first, and then paste the rows to another sheet as you need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the data range that you want to copy rows based on specific criteria, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, please select an Entire row from the Selection type, and then choose Equals from the Specific type drop down, and enter the specific text “Complete” into the text box, see screenshot:
3. And then click Ok button, all rows which contain the specific text have been selected as following screenshot shown:
4. Then you can copy and paste them to anywhere as you need.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoHello, I've tried using the : =query(Original!A:E,"where E='Complete' or E='In Progress'",0) to add multiple criteria, though it does not seem to work. Any clues?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoI am having success with this formula, EXCEPT when I try to change the "Complete" part to a number. For some reason, it won't find any matching values even though they are there.
To clarify, I want to have a row copied into a different sheet when the value in column E is "1".
Any thoughts on how to have this function work when numbers are involved?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoHow did you get the "Complete" entries to not skip rows. When I use this if a "complete" was in row 2 and 4 when it copies over it goes into rows 2 and 4 and says #REF!
in the other rows where it was not "Complete"
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks! This worked after a few attempts! Cheers.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow do I add multiple keywords to one cell.
i.e. =filter(original!A:E,original!E:E="Complete, In Progress") I am getting a False in this one
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello, Steven ,
To move rows based on multiple keywords, you should apply the following formulas:
=query(Original!A:E,"where E='Complete' or E='In Progress'",0)
Hope it can help you, please try it.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoCan get all the names where E="Complete" in one cell of another google sheet?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello. I used this formula
=filter('Work Ready Trucks'!A:AD,'Work Ready Trucks'!M:M="Sold")
And it copies everything that I wanted but I wanted it to delete off the first page when it moves to the second page... is that possible?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years ago=filter(original!A:E,original!E:E="Complete") In reference to this formulat, how would I reference the "original" sheet and the "complete" phrases indirectly? like I want to filter all the times the value in A1 is referenced in the sheet named in A2? Is that possible? That was I can just change the value in A1 to search for a different word or change the value in A2 to search in a different sheet.