How to copy row to another sheet based on cell value in Google sheet?
Supposing, you have a list of data in a sheet, now, you need to copy the rows which contain the text “Complete” in Column E to another new sheet as following screenshot shown. How could you deal with this job in Google sheet?
To copy the rows based on specific text to another new sheet, the following formula may help you, please do as this:
Enter this formula: =filter(original!A:E,original!E:E="Complete") into the new sheet where you want to paste the specific rows, and then press Enter key, all rows which contain the specific text in column E have been pasted into this new sheet, see screenshot:
1. In above formula: original!A:E is the sheet name and data range that you want to copy rows from, original!E:E="Complete" is the specific criteria, means to copy the rows that contain the word “Complete” in column E. You can change them to your need.
2. Here is another formula: =query(original!A:E, "where E = 'Complete' ",0) also can help you to finish this task.
If you want to solve this job in Excel worksheet, the Kutools for Excel’s Select Specific Cells can help you select the specific rows first, and then paste the rows to another sheet as you need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the data range that you want to copy rows based on specific criteria, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, please select an Entire row from the Selection type, and then choose Equals from the Specific type drop down, and enter the specific text “Complete” into the text box, see screenshot:
3. And then click Ok button, all rows which contain the specific text have been selected as following screenshot shown:
4. Then you can copy and paste them to anywhere as you need.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...