How to add percentage of grand total/subtotal column in an Excel Pivot Table?
When creating a pivot table in Excel, the grand total column/row will be added automatically. But how to add another percentage of a grand total column or subtotal column in the pivot table? Below solution will ease your work.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
Please follow below steps to create a pivot table with the percentage of a grand total column or subtotal column in Excel.
1. Select the source data, and click Insert > PivotTable.
2. In the Create PivotTable dialog box, please specify a destination range to place the pivot table, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now go to the PivotTable Fields pane, drag Shop field and Items field to the Rows section, and then drag the Sales field to the Values section twice. See screenshot:
4. In the Values section, click the second Sales field, and then select Value Field Settings from the drop-down list. See screenshot:
5. In the Value Field Settings dialog box, select % of Grand Total from the Show value as drop-down list on the Show Values As tab, rename the filed as you need in the Custom Name box and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: If you need to add a percent of the subtotal column in the pivot table, please select % of Parent Row Total from the Show values as drop-down list.
Now you return to the pivot table, and you will see the percent of Grand Total column in the pivot table. See screenshot:
Note: If you selected % of Parent Row Total from the Show values as drop-down list in above Step 5, you will get the percent of the Subtotal column. See screenshot: