How to sumif with 3d reference to sum across tabs based on criteria in Excel?
In last article, I have talked about how to create 3D refences to sum same cell across sheets. In this article, I will introduce the method on sumif with 3D reference to sum across sheet tabs based on criteria in Excel as below screenshot shown.
To solve this job, you need do as follows:
1. List the sheet names you want to use to sum in a sheet, then give the list a name by going to the Name box, and type name then press Enter key.
2. Then, in a cell which you will place the result at, type this formula =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!"&"A2:A4"),A2,INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!"&"B2:B4"))), press Enter key, and drag fill handle over cells.
In the formula, A2 is the specified criteria you will sum by, A2:A4 is the same criteria range in each sheet you will sum by, B2:B4 is the same range in each sheet bayou will sum, Sheets is the named range you specified in step 1.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!