How to create data validation list with case sensitive in Excel?
If you create a data validation list based on a list of cell contents, it is not in case sensitive while you type the values in data validation list cell manually as below screenshot shown. How can you create a data validation list with case sensitive in Excel?
To create a data validation list with case sensitive in Excel, you only can manually type the choices of the list in the Data Validation dialog.
1. Select a cell or cells and click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation. See screenshot:
2. In the Data Validation dialog, click List form the Allow drop-down list, and type the choices of data validation list you need in to the Source textbox (use comma to divide these choices). See screenshot:
3. Click OK. And the data validation list is created with case sensitive. While you type value which does not match case sensitive, a warning dialog will pop out. See screenshots:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!