How to add blank as first one option in Excel data validation list?
Sometimes, we need to display blank in the data validation cell by default as below screenshot shown. But in generally, the blanks cannot be shown in data validation just because of an option. Here, this article, will talk on adding blank as the first choice in data validation list in Excel.
To handle this job, you just need four steps:
1. Add a blank cell above the data list you want to use to create a data validation list.
2. Select a cell or cells which you will add the data validation list at, and click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation.
3. In the Data Validation dialog, select List from the Allow drop-down list, select the list including the blank cell you want to create data validation list based on and uncheck the Ignore blank option.
4. Click OK. Now you will see the first option in the data validation list is blank.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!