How to calculate currency conversion in Google Sheet?
As we know, some formulas in Google sheet are different with those in Excel sheet, such as t the formula for calculating currency conversion. Here, I introduce the formulas on several cases to calculate the currency conversion and the currency rate in Google sheet.
Here are some formulas for different cases.
Calculate the currency conversion
Select a cell which you want to place the result, type this formula =A2*GOOGLEFINANCE("CURRENCY:USDGBP") (in the formula, A2 is the cell value you use to convert, USD is the currency you want to convert, GBP is the currency you want to convert to). Then press Enter key, the result displays.
Calculate the currency rate between two currencies
Select a cell which you want to place the result, type this formula =GOOGLEFINANCE("CURRENCY:"&$A$4&B4) (in the formula, $A$4&B4 means to calculate the rate while converting USD to EUR). Then press Enter key, the result displays.
List a week of the currency rate between two currencies
Select a cell, cell A6, to enter the first date of the week you want to list, then in a blank cell which you want to place the results, type this formula =GOOGLEFINANCE("CURRENCY:USDGBP", "price", A6, A6+7, "DAILY") (in the formula, A6 is the first date of the week, A6+7 means to list the currency rates of next 7 days, USDGBP means to convert USD to GBP) . Then press Enter key, the result displays.
If you work in Excel sheet, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Currency Conversion utility to quickly convert currencies.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data you use to convert, and click Kutools > Content > Currency Conversion.
2. In the Currency Conversion dialog, select the currencies you want to convert between.
3. Click Fill options to decide to fill the result in original cells or as comments. See screenshot:
4. Click Close > Ok. The USD has been converted to CAD as you specified.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!