- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoHi, Bret, you can try the formulas to extract substring.
FIND("~",O1,FIND("~",O1,FIND("~",O1)+1)+1) to find the position of the third ~ in the string
FIND("~",O1,FIND("~",O1,FIND("~",O1,FIND("~",O1)+1)+1)+1) to find the psition of the forth ~ in the string
MID(O1,P1+1,Q1-P1-1) extracts substring between third ~ and forth ~.
How to extract string between two different characters in Excel?
If you have a list of string in Excel which you need to extract part of string between two characters from as below screenshot shown, how to handle it as quickly as possible? Here, I introduce some methods about solving this job.
To extract part string between two different characters, you can do as this:
Select a cell which you will place the result, type this formula =MID(LEFT(A1,FIND(">",A1)-1),FIND("<",A1)+1,LEN(A1)), and press Enter key.
Note: A1 is the text cell, > and < are the two characters you want to extract string between.
If you want to extract part string between two same characters, you can do as this:
Select a cell which you will place the result, type this formula =SUBSTITUTE(MID(SUBSTITUTE("/" & A3&REPT(" ",6),"/",REPT(",",255)),2*255,255),",",""), and press Enter key.
Note: A3 is the text cell, / is the character you want to extract between.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you also can extract part string between two texts.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a cell which will place the extracted string, then click Kutools > Formula > Formula Helper.
2. In the Formula Helper dialog, .check Filter checkbox, then type "ex" into the textbox, all formulas about extracting will be list in Choose a formula section, choose Extract strings between specified text, then go to right Arguments input section, select the cell which you want to extract substring from into Cell, then type the two texts you want to extract between.
3. Click Ok, then the substring between two texts you specified has been extracted, drag fill handle down to extract subtring from each cells below.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoHow would I extract something between two symbols, but with multiple identical symbols.Example: say A2 is the following: David~Spanish~Texas~0534~Eighth~3421. Say I wanted to extract "Texas" or the third entry in the string. Is that even possible?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoIn the section "Extract Part String Between Two Same Characters With Formulas";
I am trying to make a formula that extracts text after two of the same characters, i.e. extract text after / and / (which would be Judy in this case).
This is what I've got so far;
Any Tips, would be appreciated?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agohow to get this between this character and refer to?
I want to get that "D" and this D is refer to "Daily"
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi,
How to get this between this character "CMI0001"?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoHi, I do not understand your question. Do you want to extract CMI0001 from U21-CMI0001-1A or want to convert CMI0001 to U21-CMI0001-1A?