How to quickly find and filter cells by italics format in Excel?
Usually, we use Filter function to filter the data we need or unused by specific number, text, font color or background color, but how about filter cells by italics? There is no the direct rule can filter cells by italics with Filter function, but I can introduce some tricks to solve this job easily.
In Excel, you use Find and Replace function to find all cells with italics format, then give them a different font color or background color, and use Filter function to filter them by the color.
1. select the data you want to find the cells with italics format, press Ctrl + F to open the Find and Replace dialog.
2. click Options to expand the dialog, and click Format to display Find Format dialog, under the Font tab, select Italic from the Front style list.
3. click OK, then click Find All to list all cells with italic format, then press Ctrl + A to select all found cells. See screenshots:
4. Then close the Find and Replace dialog and go to give them a background color under Home tab.
5. Select the data range and click Data > Filter. Click the Filter icon to expand the filter drop down list, click Filter by Color and select the color you have added for the italics.
Now the italics have been filtered, you can remove the background color then.
With above method to filter cells by italics is a little complex, but if you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Special Filter function to filter cells by bold, italic, strikethrough or comments, formulas and so on.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the cells you want to filter, click KutoolsPlus > Special Filter > Filter Italic.
A dialog pops out for remind you some information, click OK to close it.
Then the cells have been filtered based on italic format.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!