How to vlookup and return multiple values without duplicates in Excel?
Sometimes, you may want to vlookup and return multiple matched values into a single cell at once. But, if there are some repeated values populated into the returned cells, how could you ignore the duplicates and only keep the unique values when returning all matching values as following screenshot shown in Excel?
The following VBA code can help you to return multiple matching values without duplicates, please do as this:
1. Hold down the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Vlookup and return multiple unique matched values:
Function MultipleLookupNoRept(Lookupvalue As String, LookupRange As Range, ColumnNumber As Integer) Dim xDic As New Dictionary Dim xRows As Long Dim xStr As String Dim i As Long On Error Resume Next xRows = LookupRange.Rows.Count For i = 1 To xRows If LookupRange.Columns(1).Cells(i).Value = Lookupvalue Then xDic.Add LookupRange.Columns(ColumnNumber).Cells(i).Value, "" End If Next xStr = "" MultipleLookupNoRept = xStr If xDic.Count > 0 Then For i = 0 To xDic.Count - 1 xStr = xStr & xDic.Keys(i) & "," Next MultipleLookupNoRept = Left(xStr, Len(xStr) - 1) End If End Function
3. After inserting the code, then click Tools > References in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and then, in the popped out References – VBAProject dialog box, check Microsoft Scripting Runtime option in the Available References list box, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK to close the dialog box, save and close the code window, return to the worksheet, and enter this formula: =MultipleLookupNoRept(E2,A2:C17,3) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, press Enter key to get the correct result as you need. See screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, E2 is the criteria that you want to vlookup, A2:C17 is the data range that you want to use, the number 3 is the column number which contains the returned values.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!