How to categorize data based on values in Excel?
Combine / import multiple worksheets or csv files into one worksheet or workbook:
In your daily work, to combine multiple worksheets, workbooks and csv files into one single worksheet or workbook may be a huge and headachy work. But, if you have Kutools for Excel, with its powerful utility – Combine, you can quickly combine multiple worksheets, workbooks or csv files into one worksheet or workbook.
Categorize data based on values with If function
To apply the following formula to categorize the data by value as you need, please do as this:
Enter this formula: =IF(A2>90,"High",IF(A2>60,"Medium","Low")) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells to fill the formula, and the data has been categorized as following screenshot shown:
Categorize data based on values with Vlookup function
If there are multiple grades need to be categorized as below screenshot shown, the If function may be troublesome and difficult to use. In this case, the Vlookup function can do you a favor. Please do as follows:
Enter this formula: =VLOOKUP(A2,$F$1:$G$6,2,1) into a blank cell, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells you need to get the result, and all data has been categorized at once, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, B2 is the cell that you want to get the categorized grade, F1:G6 is the table range you want to look for, the number 2 indicates the lookup table column number which contains the values you want to return.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!