How to sumif cells if contains part of text string in Goolge sheets?
To sum cell values in a column if another column cells contain a part of specific text string as following screenshot shown, this article will introduce some useful formula to solve this task in Google sheets.
The following formulas can help you to sum cell values if another column cells contain specific text string, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =sum(filter(B2:B9, regexmatch(A2:A9, "KTE"))) into a blank cell, and then press Enter key to get the result, see screenshot:
1. In the above formula: B2:B9 is the cell values that you want to sum, A2:A9 is the range contains the specific text string, “KTE” is the specific text you want to sum based on, please change them to your need.
2. Here is another formula also can help you: =sumif(A2:A9,"*KTE*",B2:B9).
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!