How to calculate the percentage of year or month passed in Excel?
Supposing, you have a list of date in a worksheet, now, you would like to get the percentage of year or month that has passed or remaining based on the given date. How could you solve this job in Excel?
To get the percentage of year competed or remaining from the given date, the following formulas can do you a favor.
Calculate the percentage of year passed:
1. Enter this formula: =YEARFRAC(DATE(YEAR(A2),1,1),A2) into a blank cell where you want to put the result, and then drag the fill handle down to fill the rest cells, and you will get some decimal numbers, see screenshot:
2. Then you should format these numbers as percent, see screenshot:
Calculate the percentage of year remaining:
1. Enter this formula: =1-YEARFRAC(DATE(YEAR(A2),1,1),A2) into a cell to locate the result, and drag the fill handle down to the cells to fill this formula, see screenshot:
2. Then, you should change the cell format to percent as following screenshot shown:
If you need to calculate the percentage of month passed or remaining based on date, please do with the following formulas:
Calculate the percentage of month passed:
1. Type this formula: =DAY(A2)/DAY(EOMONTH(A2,0)) into a cell, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells which you want to apply this formula, see screenshot:
2. Then format the cell formatting to percent to get the result you need, see screenshot:
Calculate the percentage of month remaining:
Enter this formula: =1-DAY(A2)/DAY(EOMONTH(A2,0)) into a cell, then copy this formula by dragging to the cells you want to apply this formula, and then format the cell formatting as percent, you will get the results as you need. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)