How to calculate the percentage of year or month passed in Excel?
Supposing, you have a list of date in a worksheet, now, you would like to get the percentage of year or month that has passed or remaining based on the given date. How could you solve this job in Excel?
Calculate the percentage of year passed or remaining with formulas
To get the percentage of year competed or remaining from the given date, the following formulas can do you a favor.
Calculate the percentage of year passed:
1. Enter this formula: =YEARFRAC(DATE(YEAR(A2),1,1),A2) into a blank cell where you want to put the result, and then drag the fill handle down to fill the rest cells, and you will get some decimal numbers, see screenshot:
2. Then you should format these numbers as percent, see screenshot:
Calculate the percentage of year remaining:
1. Enter this formula: =1-YEARFRAC(DATE(YEAR(A2),1,1),A2) into a cell to locate the result, and drag the fill handle down to the cells to fill this formula, see screenshot:
2. Then, you should change the cell format to percent as following screenshot shown:
Calculate the percentage of month passed or remaining with formulas
If you need to calculate the percentage of month passed or remaining based on date, please do with the following formulas:
Calculate the percentage of month passed:
1. Type this formula: =DAY(A2)/DAY(EOMONTH(A2,0)) into a cell, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells which you want to apply this formula, see screenshot:
2. Then format the cell formatting to percent to get the result you need, see screenshot:
Calculate the percentage of month remaining:
Enter this formula: =1-DAY(A2)/DAY(EOMONTH(A2,0)) into a cell, then copy this formula by dragging to the cells you want to apply this formula, and then format the cell formatting as percent, you will get the results as you need. See screenshot:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.