How to open specific Outlook folder from Excel?
Have you ever tried to open a specific Outlook folder from Excel file, such as opening the Inbox folder, Contacts folder or any other folder? This article, I will talk about how to open a desired Outlook folder from Excel workbook?
The following VBA code can help you to open a specific Outlook folder from Excel worksheet, please do as this:
1. In Excel, hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
VBA code: Open a specific Outlook folder from Excel file:
Sub OpenOutlookFolder() Dim xOutlookApp As Outlook.Application Dim xNameSpace As Outlook.Namespace Dim xFolder As Outlook.Folder Dim xFolderType As OlDefaultFolders On Error Resume Next Set xOutlookApp = New Outlook.Application Set xNameSpace = xOutlookApp.Session Set xFolder = xNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) xFolder.Display Set xFolder = Nothing Set xNameSpace = Nothing Set xOutlookApp = Nothing Exit Sub End Sub
Note: In the above code, you can change the Inbox in the Set xFolder = xNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) script to any other folder name that you want to open.
3. Then, click Tools > References in the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, in the popped out References-Project1 dialog box, check Microsoft Outlook Object Library option from the Available References list box, see screenshot:
4. And then, click OK to close the dialog box, and press F5 key to run this code, and the specified Outlook folder will be opened immediately.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoHi i would like to use his for a double click event and use the clicked value as the name of the folder in outlook is that possible