How to open specific Outlook folder from Excel?
Have you ever tried to open a specific Outlook folder from Excel file, such as opening the Inbox folder, Contacts folder or any other folder? This article, I will talk about how to open a desired Outlook folder from Excel workbook?
The following VBA code can help you to open a specific Outlook folder from Excel worksheet, please do as this:
1. In Excel, hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
VBA code: Open a specific Outlook folder from Excel file:
Sub OpenOutlookFolder() Dim xOutlookApp As Outlook.Application Dim xNameSpace As Outlook.Namespace Dim xFolder As Outlook.Folder Dim xFolderType As OlDefaultFolders On Error Resume Next Set xOutlookApp = New Outlook.Application Set xNameSpace = xOutlookApp.Session Set xFolder = xNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) xFolder.Display Set xFolder = Nothing Set xNameSpace = Nothing Set xOutlookApp = Nothing Exit Sub End Sub
Note: In the above code, you can change the Inbox in the Set xFolder = xNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) script to any other folder name that you want to open.
3. Then, click Tools > References in the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, in the popped out References-Project1 dialog box, check Microsoft Outlook Object Library option from the Available References list box, see screenshot:
4. And then, click OK to close the dialog box, and press F5 key to run this code, and the specified Outlook folder will be opened immediately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!