How to round a range of cells in Excel?
Supposing you have a range of numbers with several decimal places, and now you want to round them with two decimal places. Such as rounding 2.1054 to 2.11. How to round a range of cells in Excel quickly?
Round / Round up / Round down a range of numbers without formula:
With Kutools for Excel's Round feature, you can quickly round, round up, round down or round to even a range of cells as you need without any formulas.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
You can use the formula ROUND (number, number-digits) to accomplish this task. For example, I have a range (A2:A10) need to be rounded. Please do as follows:
1. Click a blank cell C2 and input the formula: =ROUND (A2, 2), see screenshot:
2. Then press Enter key, and the value in cell A2 will be rounded to a number with two decimal places. Then drag the fill handle over the range of cells that you want to apply this formula. See screenshot:
With following VBA code, you can round a range of cells quickly.
1. Select the range you want to round.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
VBA: Round a range of cells:
Sub RoundNum() 'Updateby20140128 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range Dim xNum As Integer On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) xNum = Application.InputBox("Decimal", xTitleId, Type:=1) For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Round(Rng.Value, xNum) Next End Sub
3. Then click button to run the code. Select the range you want to round from the pop-up diallog, See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and then type the number of decimal you want to round in another dialog, see screenshot:
5. Click OK. All of the cells have been rounded with three decimal places. See screenshot:
The Round feature of Kutools for Excel is a very handy tool can solve this problem quickly and comfortably.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as the following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to round, and then click Kutools > Round. See screenshot:
2. In the Round without Formula dialog box, insert the number decimal you want to round based on intot he Decimal place, then select Rounding, Rounding up, Rounding down which you want to use, and then click Ok button, all numbers have been rounded as you need, see screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...