How to sort dynamic data in Microsoft Excel?
Let's say you are managing the storage data of a stationary shop in Excel, and you need to automatically sort the storage data when it changes. How do you sort the dynamic storages data automatically in Excel? This article will show you a tricky way to sort dynamic data in Excel, and keep the sorting update automatically when the original data changes at once.
You may interest in:
Recommended Productivity Tools
1. Insert a new column at the beginning of the original data. Here I insert column No. before the original data as below screenshot shown:
2. Follow our example, enter formula =RANK(C2,C$2:C$6) in Cell A2 to sort original products by their storage, and press the Enter key.
3. Keep selecting cell A2, drag the Fill Handle down to cell A6 to get all rest numbers in No. column.
4: Copy the titles of the original data, and then paste them besides original table, such as E1:G1. In the Desired No. column, insert the sequence numbers same as the No. orders such as 1, 2, …. See screenshot:
5. Enter formula =VLOOKUP(E2,A$2:C$6,2,FALSE) into Cell F2, and press the Enter key.
This formula will look for the value of Desired NO. in the original table, and display the corresponding product name in the cell.
Note: If repeats or ties display in the Product column or Storage column, you’d better apply this function =IFERROR(VLOOKUP(E2,A$2:C$6,2,FALSE), VLOOKUP(E2,A$2:C$6,2,TRUE))
6. Keep selecting cell F2, drag the Fill Handle down to cell F6 to get all product names, And keep selecting range F2:F6, drag the Fill Handle right to range G2:G6 to get all storage numbers.
Then you will get a new storage table sorting in descend order by the storage as below screenshot shown:
Supposing your stationary shop purchases another 145 pens, and now you have 200 pens in total. Just modify the original table of pen's storage, you will see the new table is updated in a blink of eyes, see the following screen shot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoWonderful....Thanks this helped me
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoI had lost the ability to sort several rows of information on one page of a spreadsheet with many pages. After trying to fix the situation by reworking formulas none of the information will sort now. Can I fix this without having to recreate page that is the problem. Same information needs to be transferred to another page that contains all information from all the pages; this too stops sort there. Big problem and don't know how to solve it.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoi need to convert a number into another format.lets take an example - no =12394567 i need to convert it into 674501239. its simple (last 2 digit in first ,then 2nd last 2 digits then add a zero(0) then first four digits in the last. can you please guys tell me the formula for this?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSure, mail me the detail and I will show you the finished product
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi, no problem, email me and I will show hulu how the finished product works.
- ← Previous
- Next →