How to filter or select cells by cell color in Excel?
Normally you can fill cells with different colors for any purposes in Excel. If you have a worksheet with using different colors to indicate different type of contents and you want to filter or select those cells by the cell color, you may get it done as follows:
You can filter rows by cell color with following steps:
1. Select the column that you want to filter by cell color, and click Data > Filter, see screenshot:
2. Then the filter arrow button will be appeared besides the title of selected column.
3. Click the button, and move mouse over the Filter by Color item, and select one color to filter.
4. Then it shows the rows whose cells are filled by selected color, and hide other rows quickly. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Special Filter feature, you can quickly filter all cells which filled with same background color.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Seelct the column that you want to filter by background color, and then click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Special Filter, see screenshot:
2. In the Special Filter dialog box, select Format option, then choose Background Color from the drop down list, and then click button to select a color that you want to filter out, see screesnhot:
3. Then click Ok button, and a promot box will pop out to remind you how many matched cells have been found, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK button, all cells with the same color you specfied have been filtered at once, see screenshot:
You may want to select cells by cell color, the Find command can help you quickly select the same color of the cells. And you can do it with following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to select the cells by specific color.
2. Press the Ctrl + F shortcuts to open the Find and Replace dialog box. And click Find tab.
3. Then click the Format button, and click Choose Format From Cell… item to select a cell with the specific color you want to select by.
Note: If there is no Format button in the dialog box, please click the Options button to get it.
4. Click the Find All button in the Find and Replace dialog box. And it will filter all cells which have the same color as the selected cell. And then press Ctrl + A to select all cells.
5. Then close the dialog box, and all cells meet the criteria are selected, then you can copy and paste them to a blank range as you want.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!