How to filter cells with case sensitive in Excel?
Filter text with case sensitive by Filter and formulas
Filter text with case sensitive by Super Filter of Kutools for Excel
How do you filter only the unique text with case sensitive in Excel, says only uppercases of "TEXT TOOLS"? We will follow the example we talk above, and show you the detailed guidance to filter with case sensitive.
Step 1: In a blank column, says Column C, enter the formula of =EXACT(B2,UPPER(B2)), and press the Enter key.
This formula will identify whether the text string in Cell B2 are uppercase or not, and return True only if the text string is uppercase.
Step 2: Select the Column C, and click the Home >> Fill >> Down to copy the formula to the whole column.
Step 3: Select the Column B and Column C together.
Step 4: Click the Filter button under the Data tab.
Step 5: Click the arrow button besides the title of Column B. Uncheck Select All, and only check the TEXT TOOLS in the filter box. Then click OK.
Step 6: Click the arrow button besides the title of Column C; uncheck the Select All, and only check the TRUE in the filter box. Click OK.
Now it filters the records twice, and finally filters the unique records with case sensitive, see the following screen shot:
1. The formula of =AND(B2<>"",SUMPRODUCT(--(EXACT(B2,$B$1:$B$14)))>1) can help you filter only the records with Title Cases.
2. The formula of =EXACT(B2,LOWER(B2)) can help you filter only the records with lowercases.
With above method, you may think that is not convenient enough beacause of the formulas needed to remenber. However, if you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Super Filter to quickly filter UPPER Case or lower case.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Super Filter. See screenshot:
2. Then a Super Filter pane appears, select the data range you use the check Specified checkbox to fix the data range. See screenshot:
3. Place the cursor at the first rule, and click the underline. Then select the column you want to filter by, and select Text Format in second list, then choose Equals from the third list, in the forth list, choose the case format you want to filter.. See screenshot:
5. Now click Ok > Filter.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!