How to rename personal/.pst folders in Outlook?
Normally it’s hard to change the name of default Outlook folders, such as Inbox, Sent Items, Delete Items, and so on. However, you are able to rename the folders you created by yourself in Microsoft Outlook, and the folders of added data files or pst files as well. In this article we will describe methods to rename these kinds of folders in Microsoft Outlook in detail.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
By default, you can rename the folders created by yourself in Microsoft Outlook, but the built-in folders are not allowed to rename, such as the Inbox, Sent Items, Delete Items, Junk E-mail, etc.
Step 1: Select the created folder that you will rename in the Navigation Pane.
Step 2: Click the Rename Folder button in the Actions group on the Folder tab.
Step 3: Then the name of selected folder becomes editable within a box, please type the new name in the box.
Up to now you have renamed the folder already.
Step 1: Select the created folder that you will rename later.
Step 2: Click the File > Folder > Rename “the folder name”.
Step 3: Then the Rename dialog box comes out, and please type the new name in the New name: box.
Step 4: Click OK button.
Please note that the Rename Folder feature is only valid for the folders you created in Microsoft Outlook. It does not work for the built-in folders, as well as the folders of created data/pst file.
As you know, a new folder displays in the Navigation Pane when you create a new data file or pst file in Microsoft Outlook. And you can rename this kind of folders with following steps:
Step 1: Open the Account Setting dialog box firstly.
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Account Settings.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
Step 2: Click the Data Files tab in the Account Settings dialog box.
Step 3: Select the Data file that you will change its folder name.
Step 4: Click the Settings button.
Step 5: In the Outlook Data File dialog box, type the new name in the Name: box.
Step 6: Click OK buttons in each dialog box.
Then the folder of data file or pst file is renamed in the Navigation Pane at once.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.