How to rename color categories in Outlook?
Normally default categories are named with colors, for example the Blue Category, Green Category, etc. Actually Microsoft Outlook supports users to rename both default categories and new-built categories. Here we will describe the steps in details about renaming color categories in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The following steps will guide you to rename any existing categories in your Microsoft Outlook easily.
Step 1: Select an Outlook item, such as a message/ task/ appointment, to activate the Categorize feature.
Step 2: Open the Color Categories dialog box:
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the Categorize > All Categories in the Tags group on the Home tab.
In Outlook 2007, please click the Categorize button > All Categories in the Toolbars.
Step 3: In the Color Categories dialog box:
- Select and highlight a color category that you will rename later;
- Click the Rename button.
Step 4: Then the name of selected color category is editable, and you need to delete the existing text, and enter a new name in the editable box. See the following screen shot:
Step 5: Click the OK button to finish renaming.
Then you will see the renamed color category is labeled with the new name in the whole Microsoft Outlook at once.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.