- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Suzette,
Thank you for your comment! You are right. I have added your comment as notice in the article.
How to count total number of selected emails in Outlook?
Do you want to know how many email messages have been selected immediately without counting them one by one in Outlook? With this tutorial, counting selected emails won’t be a time-consuming problem anymore.
- Count total number of selected emails with hotkey
- Count total number of selected emails with VBA
- One click to count total number of selected emails with an amazing tool
- Count total number of selected emails with Kutools for Outlook
With the help of Enter key, you can count the total number of selected emails as follows.
1. In the Mail view, select the email messages that you want to count, and press the Enter key in the keyboard.
2. Then a prompt dialog will pop up. You can see the total number of the selected emails is listed. Please click No button to close the dialog.
(1) This method cannot work when you select less than 4 email messages.
(2) This method requires the Show as Conversations option unchecked on the View tab.
With VBA code, you can easily count the total number of selected emails.
1. In the Mail view, select the emails that you want to count the total number.
2. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications by .
3. Click Insert > Module to open a new Module window, and then paste below code into the window.
VBA: Count selected emails
Sub CountSelectedItems() Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Set objSelection = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection MsgBox "Number of selected items: " & _ objSelection.Count, vbInformation, "Selected Items" End Sub
4. Click the Run button to run the VBA code. And now a dialog will pop up to tell you how many items you have selected. Then click OK button to close it. See screenshot:
Note: This VBA code was successfully tested in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Count Selected Items feature to count the total number of all selected email with only click easily in Outlook.
1. Open the specified mail folder, and select the emails you will count.
Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails by clicking them one by one;
Holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails by clicking the first email and the last one;
Select anyone email in the mail folder, and then press Ctrl + A keys to select all emails in the mail folder.
2. Click Kutools Plus > Count Selected Items.
Then you will get the total number of selected emails at a glance in the popping out dialog.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Statistics feature to count the total number of selected emails easily in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, select the emails that you will count, and click Kutools > Statistics. See screenshot:
2. In the first popping out Statistic dialog box, please click the OK button directly. And now you will get the total number of all selected email at the top of the second Statistic dialog box. See screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIf using the Enter Key, 'Show as Conversation' must be unchecked.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoFew days ago after restart it stopped working, could you fix that script to make it work again?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHello
I need to get count of emails sent and received with size of each email with attachment per day and read numbers of email addresses to which email is sent .
Can you please help me out in this ?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank You! Script works like a charm!
Best regards, Gennady
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoSalah bettaher count e_mail
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoAwesome Solution - simple and quick
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoExcellent - worked great - thanks for the post.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoHi
That' s very interesting, I would like to know if you provide any statictics feature to count emails, to calculate average response time, to calculate how many emails were responded by someone
thanks a lot
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoFantastic, simply fantastic... It's great when you find a simple and quick solution to a big problem
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoDoes not work with Outlook 2013 - I pressed Enter and all of them started to open and I had to terminate the process.