How to count total number of selected emails in Outlook?
Do you want to know how many email messages have been selected immediately without counting them one by one in Outlook? With this tutorial, counting selected emails won’t be a time-consuming problem anymore.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
With the help of Enter key, you can count the total number of selected emails as follows.
1. In the Mail view, select the email messages that you want to count, and press the Enter key in the keyboard.
2. Then a prompt dialog will pop up. You can see the total number of the selected emails is listed. Please click No button to close the dialog.
(1) This method cannot work when you select less than 4 email messages.
(2) This method requires the Show as Conversations option unchecked on the View tab.
With VBA code, you can easily count the total number of selected emails.
1. In the Mail view, select the emails that you want to count the total number.
2. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications by .
3. Click Insert > Module to open a new Module window, and then paste below code into the window.
VBA: Count selected emails
Sub CountSelectedItems() Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Set objSelection = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection MsgBox "Number of selected items: " & _ objSelection.Count, vbInformation, "Selected Items" End Sub
4. Click the Run button to run the VBA code. And now a dialog will pop up to tell you how many items you have selected. Then click OK button to close it. See screenshot:
Note: This VBA code was successfully tested in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Statistics feature to count the total number of selected emails easily in Outlook. Please do as follows:
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. In the Mail view, select the emails that you will count, and click Kutools > Statistics. See screenshot:
2. In the first popping out Statistic dialog box, please click the OK button directly. And now you will get the total number of all selected email at the top of the second Statistic dialog box. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoFew days ago after restart it stopped working, could you fix that script to make it work again?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello
I need to get count of emails sent and received with size of each email with attachment per day and read numbers of email addresses to which email is sent .
Can you please help me out in this ?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThank You! Script works like a charm!
Best regards, Gennady
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSalah bettaher count e_mail