How to count total number of selected emails in Outlook?
Do you want to know how many email messages have been selected immediately without counting them one by one in Outlook? With this tutorial, counting selected emails won’t be a time-consuming problem anymore.
- Count total number of selected emails with hotkey
- Count total number of selected emails with VBA
- One click to count total number of selected emails with an amazing tool
- Count total number of selected emails with Kutools for Outlook
With the help of Enter key, you can count the total number of selected emails as follows.
1. In the Mail view, select the email messages that you want to count, and press the Enter key in the keyboard.
2. Then a prompt dialog will pop up. You can see the total number of the selected emails is listed. Please click No button to close the dialog.
(1) This method cannot work when you select less than 4 email messages.
(2) This method requires the Show as Conversations option unchecked on the View tab.
With VBA code, you can easily count the total number of selected emails.
1. In the Mail view, select the emails that you want to count the total number.
2. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications by .
3. Click Insert > Module to open a new Module window, and then paste below code into the window.
VBA: Count selected emails
Sub CountSelectedItems() Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Set objSelection = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection MsgBox "Number of selected items: " & _ objSelection.Count, vbInformation, "Selected Items" End Sub
4. Click the Run button to run the VBA code. And now a dialog will pop up to tell you how many items you have selected. Then click OK button to close it. See screenshot:
Note: This VBA code was successfully tested in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Count Selected Items feature to count the total number of all selected email with only click easily in Outlook.
1. Open the specified mail folder, and select the emails you will count.
Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails by clicking them one by one;
Holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails by clicking the first email and the last one;
Select anyone email in the mail folder, and then press Ctrl + A keys to select all emails in the mail folder.
2. Click Kutools Plus > Count Selected Items.
Then you will get the total number of selected emails at a glance in the popping out dialog.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Statistics feature to count the total number of selected emails easily in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, select the emails that you will count, and click Kutools > Statistics. See screenshot:
2. In the first popping out Statistic dialog box, please click the OK button directly. And now you will get the total number of all selected email at the top of the second Statistic dialog box. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.