How to count the total number of conversations in a folder in Outlook?
Let’s say you discuss technique problems with fellows by emails in Outlook, and there are many replies and forwards about a topic. In general, one conversation covers one technical problem. We can show the emails in Conversation view, but how to count the total number of all conversations in Outlook? Try below workaround:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
This method will walk you through copying emails from Outlook to Excel workbook, and then count the total number of conversations in Excel.
1. In Outlook, shift to the mail folder you will count the total number of conversations, and select all emails in this mail folder.
Note: You can select all emails in a mail folder with selecting one email and then pressing the Ctrl + A keys simultaneously.
2. Right click selected emails, and select the Copy from the right-clicking menu.
3. Create a new workbook, right click the Cell A1 and then select Keep Text Only (T) from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
Now all emails in the specified Outlook mail folder are copied into the new workbook.
4. Select the Subject column, press the Ctrl + H keys at the same time to open the Find and Replace dialog box, and then:
(1) In the Find and Replace dialog box, type RE: into the Find what: box, type nothing into the Replace with box, and click the Replace All button.
(2) Type FW: into the Find what: box, type nothing into the Replace with box, and click the Replace All button.
(3) Close the Find and Replace dialog box.
5. Keep selecting the Subject column, and click Data > Remove Duplicates.
6. Now in the Remove Duplicates Warning dialog box check the Expand the selection option and click the Remove Duplicates button; and then in the Remove Duplicates dialog box only check the Subject option and click the OK button. See screenshot:
7. Now a dialog box pops out and shows how many unique values remain. The number of unique values is the total amount of conversations in the specified mail folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.