How to count the total number of search results in Outlook?
You may be familiar with searching keywords in Outlook, but do you know how to count the total numbers of search results? This article provides a couple of tricks to count all search results in Outlook.
With Kutools for Outlook, you can quickly search all email messages by selected email's sender with the (Search by) Sender feature, or search all email messages by selected email's sender domain with the (Search by) Sender Domain feature. And then you will get the total number of emails from the sender or sender domain at the status bar. See screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
For example you search emails with typing the keyword in the Instant Search box directly. After all emails are found out and listed in the mail list, you will get the total number of search results in the Status bar. See screenshot:
For example you search keywords in emails’ bodies only via the Advanced Find feature. After finding out all emails, you can count the search results as follows:
1. Select all search results with selecting one search result at the bottom of the Advanced Find dialog box and then pressing the Ctrl + A keys at the same time.
2. Go ahead to press the Enter key to open these search results, and then you will get the total number of search results in the popping up dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: If the number of selected searching results is less than or equal to 4, above dialog box will not pop out, and the selected searching results will be opened instead.
3. Click the No button to close the dialog box, and then close the Advanced Find dialog box.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.