How to count the total number of search results in Outlook?
You may be familiar with searching keywords in Outlook, but do you know how to count the total numbers of search results? This article provides a couple of tricks to count all search results in Outlook.
With Kutools for Outlook, you can quickly search all email messages by selected email's sender with the (Search by) Sender feature, or search all email messages by selected email's sender domain with the (Search by) Sender Domain feature. And then you will get the total number of emails from the sender or sender domain at the status bar. See screenshot:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For example you search emails with typing the keyword in the Instant Search box directly. After all emails are found out and listed in the mail list, you will get the total number of search results in the Status bar. See screenshot:
For example you search keywords in emails’ bodies only via the Advanced Find feature. After finding out all emails, you can count the search results as follows:
1. Select all search results with selecting one search result at the bottom of the Advanced Find dialog box and then pressing the Ctrl + A keys at the same time.
2. Go ahead to press the Enter key to open these search results, and then you will get the total number of search results in the popping up dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: If the number of selected searching results is less than or equal to 4, above dialog box will not pop out, and the selected searching results will be opened instead.
3. Click the No button to close the dialog box, and then close the Advanced Find dialog box.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.