How to compact data (pst/ost) files in Outlook?
For a long time Microsoft Outlook’s data files (pst/ost file) may have taken up huge space in your computer. Apart from mailbox cleanup by emptying deleted items folders, you can release the occupied space by compacting data files. This article will show you how to compact data file (pst/ost data files) in Microsoft Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
The following steps will guide you to compact data (pst/ost) files in Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Open the Account Settings dialog box:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Account Settings;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box,
- Click the Data Files tab;
- Click to highlight a data file that you will compact later;
- Click the Settings button.
Step 3: If you select a pst data file in Step 2, please skip to the Step 4.
If you select an Exchange account’s ost data file in Step 2, the Microsoft Exchange dialog box will come out. Please check the Use Cached Exchange Mode box and then click the Outlook Data File Settings button (or Offline Folder File Settings button in Outlook 2007) on the Advanced tab in this dialog box. But if the selected ost data file is not from the Exchange account, please skip to the Step 4.
Step 5: Click all OK buttons and Close button.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.