How to restore/reset folder view settings in Outlook?
Let’s say you have added a Size column in the appointment lists, turned off the Reading Pane, arranged messages by a customized criteria, or other settings before, and you need to restore the initial folder views at present. How do you deal with it? This article will talk about a couple of tricks about restoring initial folder views in Microsoft Outlook.
- Reset folder views with Rest View feature in Outlook 2010/2013/2016/209/365
- Reset folder views in Outlook 2007
- Restore initial folder views with cleaning all view settings
If you want to restore folders’ initial view, you can apply the Reset View feature in Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later versions.
1. In the Navigation pane, click to select a folder that you will reset its view, click View > Change View, and specify a view mode from the drop down list you will restore to initial view.
2. Click View > Reset View. See screenshot:
A warning dialog box will come out. Click the Yes button in the dialog box.
Then the selected folder is reset to its original view at once. If you want to apply this view to other folders, please go on the following steps.
3. Click View > Change View > Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders on the View tab. See screenshot:
4. Then in the Apply View dialog box, please (1) check the mailboxes and their subfolders in the Apply View to These Folders: box, (2) it’s optional to check the option of Apply View to subfolders, and (3) click the OK button.
The following steps will guide you to restore initial folder views in Microsoft Outlook 2007 at ease.
1. Click to open the folder you want to restore its initial view, and click View > Current View > Messages or other view as you need.
2. Click View > Current View > Customize Current View.
3. In the popping up Customize View dialog box, please click the Reset Current View button at the bottom. See screen shot:
4. In the coming warning dialog box, please click the OK button.
5. Click the OK button in the Customize View: Messages dialog box to exit it.
There is an alternative method that can restore the initial views of all folders at once.
1. Close the Microsoft Outlook, and open the Run dialog box with pressing the Win + R keys.
2. Enter the outlook.exe /cleanviews in the Open: box, and click the OK button.
Then Microsoft Outlook opens with restoring the default views of all folders immediately.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.