How to prevent others from forwarding your email message in Outlook?
If you send an email to a contact, and you don’t want the email to be forwarded by the recipients, what can you do? For preventing others from forwarding your email message, please do as follows.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
For preventing others from forwarding your email message, the best way is to disable the Forward function in Outlook.
Step 1: Create a new Form with preventing forward
1. Create a new email message.
2. In the Message window, please click Developer > Design a Form. See screenshot:
If the Developer tab doesn't show in the Ribbon, please click How to add developer tab on Ribbon in Outlook? to show the Developer tab.
3. In the Design Form dialog box, please choose Standard Forms Library from the Look In drop down list, and then click to select the Message in the textbox and then click Open button.
4. Go to the (Actions) tab in the Message (HTML) (Design) dialog box, and double click the Forward field as shown in the below screenshot.
5. In the Form Action Properties dialog box, please uncheck the Enabled box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Then it returns to the Message (HTML) (Design) dialog box, go to the Properties tab and check the Send form definition with item box.
7. A prompt box pops up while you checking the Send from definition with item box, click OK button to close it.
8. Then click Publish > Publish Form in the Message (HTML) (Design) dialog box.
9. When the Publish Form As dialog box popping up, name the Form in the Display name field and then click Publish button. Note: By default, the created Form is saved in the Personal Forms Library folder.
10. Then click the Close button to close the Message (HTML) (Design) dialog box. When the prompt box pops up, click No button.
11. Close the new Message window you have created at the very beginning.
Step 2: Send an email with created “Prevent forwarding” Form
1. When you want to send a “prevent forwarding” email to others, please click Developer > Choose Form.
If you are using Outlook 2007, please click File > New > Choose Form.
2. In the Choose Form dialog box, you need to:
1). Select the Personal Forms Library in the Look In drop-down list;
2). Select the Form you have created for preventing forwarding in the textbox;
3). Click Open button.
3. Then a new Message window will display, compose your email and click the Send button to send it.
When people receive and open your email with “prevent forwarding”, the Forward button will turn grayed and cannot be used. See screenshot:
Note:This method is only applied to Outlook accounts, if the recipients are not using Outlook, this way will become invalid.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoNot useful. Tried. the customised form just doesnt work
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoRather ineffective or incomplete : the receiver could still use "Reply" or "Reply All" and change the address to another one ...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoAwesome walkthrough
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoUseful, but this also prevents me (the sender) from forwarding the message. Can this be changed to allow the original sender to forward but not the recipients?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoWith Yambuu.com you could prevent the forward of you email and much more...
Compatible with any email account