How to add unread status column in Outlook?
Have you noticed the small envelope icons before each email message disappear from the mail list in Microsoft Outlook 2013? That’s because the Read/Unread status column is hidden. Sometimes, the envelope icons may also disappear in Outlook 2007 or 2010 by accident. Here I will show you the steps about how to add the Read/Unread status columns, and restore the small envelope icons in the mail list of Microsoft Outlook.
Mail list in Outlook 2010
Mail list in Outlook 2013
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To show the Read/Unread status columns and add the small envelope icons before emails in the mail list, please do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and open a mail folder in the Compact view with clicking the Change View > Compact on the View tab (or View > Current View > Message in Outlook 2007).
Step 2: Click the Add Columns button on the View tab.
Note: In Outlook 2007, click the View > Current View > Customize Current View, and then click the Filed button in the popping up Customize View dialog box.
Step 3: In the popping Show Columns dialog box,
(1) Make sure the Frequently-used fields is selected in the Select available columns from box;
(3) Click the Add button;
(4) Click the OK button to exit this dialog box.
After configuring the view settings, you will go back to the mail folder. Then the small envelope icons are added in the Mails list. See screen shot below.
Notes: To remove the Read/Unread column (or small envelopes) from the mail list in Outlook 2013, you can remove the Read items (or Icon item in Outlook 2007 and 2010) from the Show these columns in this order: box in the Show Columns dialog box.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.