How to block emails with no subject in Outlook?
Have you ever suffered with receiving some emails with no subject text within your Outlook? If you are painful with this problem, with this article, you may find the ways to help you to block the emails with no subject automatically in Outlook.
In Outlook, you can create a rule to block the blank subject messages and put them to Junk folder. Please do with the following steps:
1. Launch your Outlook, and click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts, see screenshot:
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click E-mail Rules tab, and select the account folder you want to apply the rule, then click New Rule option, see screenshot:
3. In the Rules Wizard, please select Apply rule on messages I receive from the Start from a blank rule section, see screenshot:
4. Then click Next button to go to the next step wizard, and go on clicking Next button, and a warning message will pop out, click Yes, see screenshot:
5. In the next wizard, check move it to the specified folder option under the Step 1, and in the Step 2 section, click the word specified and choose the Junk Email where you want to put the blank subject emails, see screenshot:
6. Then click OK > Next, in the next wizard, please do the following operations:
- (1.) In the Step 1, check except if the subject contains specific words option;
- (2.) In the Step 2, click specific words to open the Search Text box;
- (3.) In the Search Text box, enter the letter from a to z, A to Z, and 0 to 9 into the text box and click Add button to insert these letters and numbers into the Search list box one by one.
7. After typing the letters and numbers, please click OK > Next, and in the last wizard, specify a name for this rule as you need, and then check Turn on this rule under the Step 2 section, see screenshot:
8. At last, click Finish button to return the Rules and Alerts dialog, and click OK to take this rule effect, and from now on, when you receive emails which have no subject next time, these emails will be moved to the Junk Email folder automatically.
Note: This rule will also block the emails which subject contain some special characters, such as Chinese characters, Latin characters, etc., except the English word and Arabic numbers.
The above method may be somewhat difficult and complex for us, besides, it has some limitations, in this case, I can recommend a handy tool-Kutools for Outlook, with its Junk feature, you can set a rule and block the emails with no subject quickly and easily.
After installing Kutools for Outlook, please do as follows: ( Download Kutools for Outlook Now! )
1. Click Kutools > Junk > Enable Junk Email Filter to activate this feature, see screenshot:
2. And then, a prompt box will pop up, please click OK button, see screenshot:
3. Then, click Kutools > Junk > Rule Manage to go to the Junk Email Filter Manager, see screenshot:
4. In the Junk Email Filter Manager dialog box, click New button, see screenshot:
5. In the Junk Rule Wizard, check subject contain specific word option, and then click contain hyperlink text, in the Condition box, choose is empty from the drop down list, see screenshots:
6. Click OK to return to the Junk Rule Wizard, and then, click Next button, see screenshot:
7. In the following Junk Rule Wizard, go on clicking Next button without checking anything, see screenshot:
8. In the last Junk Rule Wizard, specify the rule name, rule note and other options as you need, see screenshot:
9. Click Ok to go back to the Junk Email Filter Manager dialog box, with the new creasted rule checkincg, and click Ok to close it, see screenshot:
From now on, when you receive the emails which have no subject, they will be moved to the Junk Email folder automatically.
More relative articles:
- Unblock Unsafe Attachment Types In Outlook
- If you have received some emails with attachments whose extension is msi, exe, etc. in your Outlook, you will get a warning message “Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments” as following screenshot shown when you open the massage. Outlook will consider these types of attachments as unsafe information by default. But, how could you set these attachment types as safe files and easily view or download in Outlook?
- Block Emails From Sender Email Address In Outlook
- If you want to block emails by a certain email address in Outlook, how could you deal with it? And what if by multiple email addresses? This article will show you the solutions.
- Block Emails With Zip (Files) Attachments In Outlook
- In Outlook daily work, you may receive hundreds of spams with .zip attachments. Here, this tutorial will introduce a solution to block all emails with .zip attachments in Outlook.
- Block Or Unblock Images In Outlook Emails
- You might have noticed that images in some external emails are blocked automatically in Outlook. And blocked images are displayed as placeholders, which makes the whole email untidy and puzzled. Here, this article will show you how to unblock images in Outlook emails, and block images as well.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.