To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoHi IC,
Click the Instant Search box to activate the Search Tools in Outlook, and then click Search > More > Attachment Contains to add the Attachment Contains search box above mailing list. Now you can type search keyworks in the box to search within email attachments.
How to search words within attachment (content) in Outlook?
When we typing a keyword in the Instant Search box in Outlook, it will search the keyword in emails’ subjects, bodies, attachments, etc. But now I just need to search the keyword in attachment content only in Outlook, any idea? This article shows you the detailed steps to search words within attachment content in Outlook easily.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to search words within attachment content only in Microsoft Outlook.
1. Shift to the Mail view, and open the specified mail folder where you will search keywords in the attachment content only.
2. Place the cursor in the Instant Search box to activate the Search Tools. See screenshot:
3. Click Search > More > Attachment Contains. See screenshot:
And now the Attachment Contains box is added below the Instant Search box.
4. Please type the keyword you will search within attachment content only into the Attachment Contains box.
Now emails whose attachments contain the specified keyword are found out and listed in the mail list at once.
Note: You can also type attachment:your_keyword (please replace your_keyword with the specified keyword as your need) into the Instant Search box to search keywords in attachment content only in Outlook. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoWill Kutools for Outlook search content in a PDF attachment?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIn what situations does this work and not work? I entered my search criteria and expected 6 specific emails to come up. Further, only one email comes up, yet it does not have any attachments.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis searches attachment name. Not the words inside attachment
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agohi folks, how to search words within attachment with outlook rules?