- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi IC,
Click the Instant Search box to activate the Search Tools in Outlook, and then click Search > More > Attachment Contains to add the Attachment Contains search box above mailing list. Now you can type search keyworks in the box to search within email attachments.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Kellytte,
I have a same question with IC. I had tried many times, this way just useful for word file, PDF isn't find out. How can I do it? Thank you.
How to search words within attachment (content) in Outlook?
When we typing a keyword in the Instant Search box in Outlook, it will search the keyword in emails’ subjects, bodies, attachments, etc. But now I just need to search the keyword in attachment content only in Outlook, any idea? This article shows you the detailed steps to search words within attachment content in Outlook easily.
Please follow below steps to search words within attachment content only in Microsoft Outlook.
1. Shift to the Mail view, and open the specified mail folder where you will search keywords in the attachment content only.
2. Place the cursor in the Instant Search box to activate the Search Tools. See screenshot:
3. Click Search > More > Attachment Contains. See screenshot:
And now the Attachment Contains box is added below the Instant Search box.
4. Please type the keyword you will search within attachment content only into the Attachment Contains box.
Now emails whose attachments contain the specified keyword are found out and listed in the mail list at once.
Note: You can also type attachment:your_keyword (please replace your_keyword with the specified keyword as your need) into the Instant Search box to search keywords in attachment content only in Outlook. See screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWill Kutools for Outlook search content in a PDF attachment?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIn what situations does this work and not work? I entered my search criteria and expected 6 specific emails to come up. Further, only one email comes up, yet it does not have any attachments.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis searches attachment name. Not the words inside attachment
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWhat about restarting your Outlook, and specifying the search scope on the attachment tab?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI did this and it did not solve the problem.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agohi folks, how to search words within attachment with outlook rules?