How to share contact group (distribution list) in Outlook?
Let’s say you want to share your contact groups with your colleagues, how could you share them? And what if saving contact groups which are sent to you in Outlook? This article is talking about sharing contacts groups in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you want to share your contact groups in Outlook with others, you can do as follows:
In the Mail view, create a new email with clicking Home > New Email.
2. In the new Message windows, please click Insert > Outlook Item. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Insert Item dialog box, please:
(1) Go to the Look in box, click to select the Contacts folder containing the contact groups you will share;
(2) Go to the Items box, and click to select one or multiple contact groups you will share;
(3) Click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Now the selected contacts groups are added as attachments in the new email. Please compose the email and send it.
If you received emails with shared contact groups, you can copy and save the contact groups to your Contacts folder easily in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, click to open the email containing the contact group attachments in the Reading Pane.
2. Select the contact groups in the Reading Pane, drag them to the People icon or on the Navigation Pane, and then release the mouse until the cursor changes to. See screenshot:
So far the specified contacts groups that others shared with you have been copied and saved to your contacts folder.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.