How to get search results’ folder paths in Outlook?
When searching emails across the current mailbox or all mailboxes in Outlook, it will get many search results from many folders. In this situation, it will be confused about the search results’ folder paths. This article will show you how to get the search results’ folder path easily in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
An email’s location is one factor of its properties. Therefore, we can get a search result’s folder path within its Properties dialog box.
After searching results listing in the mail list, select the search result whose folder path you need to know, and press the Alt + Enter keys simultaneously to open its Properties dialog box.
And then you will get this search result’s folder path in the Location field. See screenshot:
If the search results are from multiple folders across all mailboxes, only the folder name in the Properties dialog box may be not clear enough. In this situation, you can get the exact folder path of a search result in Advanced Find dialog box.
1. Double click to open the search result whose folder path you need to know.
2. Now the search result is opening in Message window. Press the Ctrl + Shift + F keys simultaneously to open the Advanced Find dialog box, and then click the Browse button in the dialog box.
Now you will get the exact folder path of the currently opening search result in the Select Folder(s) dialog box. See screenshot:
3. Close dialog boxes.
If you need to know all search results’ folder paths in bulk, you can turn off Reading Pane in current folder, and get the folder paths in the In Folder column.
After all searching results listing in the mail list, click View > Reading Pane > Off to turn off the Reading Pane in current folder. See screenshot:
And now each search result’s folder path is displaying in the In Folder column. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.