How to insert background color into an Outlook signature?
It’s easy to add or remove background color in an email in Outlook. But, how could you insert or remove background color in an Outlook signature? Below workarounds will help you solve it:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
Please follow below steps to insert background color into a signature in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, please click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the opening Message window, please click Insert > Signature and then select the specified signature you will add background color from the drop down list. See screenshot:
4. Move the inserted signature into the new 1x1 table.
5. Keep selecting the table, and click (Table Tools) Design > Shading and specify a background color from the drop down list. See screenshot:
6. Keep selecting the table, and click Design > Borders > No Border to remove borders from the table.
7. Keep selecting the table, and copy it with pressing the Ctrl + C keys.
8. Click Insert > Signature > Signatures to open the Signatures and Stationery dialog box.
9. In the opening Signatures and Stationery dialog box, go to the E-mail signature tab, and:
(1) Click to select the signature you will add background color in the Select signature to edit box;
(2) Go to the Edit signature box, remove original signature content, and then paste the new one with background by right clicking and selecting the Entire Cell under the Paste Options in the context menu.;
(3) Click the OK button.
Now the specified background color has been added into the signature. Please close the new email without saving.
This method provides another trick to insert or remove background color in an Outlook signature within Microsoft Word. Please do as follows:
1. Open the File explorer, paste the folder path %AppData%\Microsoft\Signatures into the Address box, and press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Now the folder containing all Outlook signatures is opening.
2. In the signature folder, right click the specified signature’s HTM file, and select Open with > Word from the context menu. See screenshot:
Now the specified signature is opening in Microsoft Word. To adding background color for this signature, you can follow the Step 3 - 6 we introduced above, finally save and close the word document; for remove background color, please go ahead:
3. Select the signature content in the table, cut with pressing the Ctrl + X keys, and then paste it out of the table.
4. Select the table, and click (Table Tools) Layout > Delete > Delete Table to remove it. See screenshot:
5. Save the opening signature file, and close the Word window.
So far, you have removed (or added) the background color in the specified Outlook signature.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.