How to insert background color into an Outlook signature?
It’s easy to add or remove background color in an email in Outlook. But, how could you insert or remove background color in an Outlook signature? Below workarounds will help you solve it:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to insert background color into a signature in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, please click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the opening Message window, please click Insert > Signature and then select the specified signature you will add background color from the drop down list. See screenshot:
4. Move the inserted signature into the new 1x1 table.
5. Keep selecting the table, and click (Table Tools) Design > Shading and specify a background color from the drop down list. See screenshot:
6. Keep selecting the table, and click Design > Borders > No Border to remove borders from the table.
7. Keep selecting the table, and copy it with pressing the Ctrl + C keys.
8. Click Insert > Signature > Signatures to open the Signatures and Stationery dialog box.
9. In the opening Signatures and Stationery dialog box, go to the E-mail signature tab, and:
(1) Click to select the signature you will add background color in the Select signature to edit box;
(2) Go to the Edit signature box, remove original signature content, and then paste the new one with background by right clicking and selecting the Entire Cell under the Paste Options in the context menu.;
(3) Click the OK button.
Now the specified background color has been added into the signature. Please close the new email without saving.
This method provides another trick to insert or remove background color in an Outlook signature within Microsoft Word. Please do as follows:
1. Open the File explorer, paste the folder path %AppData%\Microsoft\Signatures into the Address box, and press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Now the folder containing all Outlook signatures is opening.
2. In the signature folder, right click the specified signature’s HTM file, and select Open with > Word from the context menu. See screenshot:
Now the specified signature is opening in Microsoft Word. To adding background color for this signature, you can follow the Step 3 - 6 we introduced above, finally save and close the word document; for remove background color, please go ahead:
3. Select the signature content in the table, cut with pressing the Ctrl + X keys, and then paste it out of the table.
4. Select the table, and click (Table Tools) Layout > Delete > Delete Table to remove it. See screenshot:
5. Save the opening signature file, and close the Word window.
So far, you have removed (or added) the background color in the specified Outlook signature.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.