How to do not import duplicate emails/contacts/calendars in Outlook?
Let’s say you are importing emails from a PST file of one email account to another in Outlook, some emails might be duplicate. So how could you import excluding the duplicates? This article will introduce two solutions for you.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
When importing a PST file by the Import and Export Wizard in Outlook, you can prevent from importing duplicate emails, contacts, or calendars with checking the Do not import duplicates option in the Wizard. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Open & Export > Import/Export (or File > Open > Import) to open the Import and Export Wizard.
2. In the Import and Export Wizard, please click to select the Import from another program or file option, and click the Next button.
3. Now in the Import a File dialog box, please click to select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option, and click the Next button.
3. In the Import Outlook Data File dialog box, (1) please click the Browse button to specify the PST file you will import; (2) check the Do not import duplicates option; (3) click the Next button.
4. In the second Import Outlook Data File dialog box, (1) specify the folder of the PST file you will import, (2) choose the destination email account you will import the PST file to, (3) click the Finish button. See screenshot:
So far, the specified PST file has been imported excluding all duplicate emails, contacts, and calendar items, etc.
Sometimes, you may import emails with copying and pasting directly, or you forget to check the Do not import duplicates option within the Import and Export Wizard. In these situations, you can remove duplicated imported emails/contacts/tasks with Kutools for Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. After importing emails/contacts/tasks in Outlook, keep selecting the destination folder, and click Kutools > Duplicate Mails, or Kutools > More > Duplicate Contacts/Duplicate Tasks as you need. See screenshot:
Note: In my case, I click Kutools > Duplicate Mails.
2. In the popping out Duplicate Mails dialog box, please click the Delete button directly.
3. A dialog box will come out and tell you how many duplicate items have been removed. Please click the OK button to close it.
So far all duplicate emails have been removed from the selected folder already.
(1) For removing duplicate contacts, please select the contact folder, and click Kutools > More > Duplicate Contacts. See screenshot below:
(2) For removing duplicate tasks, please select the task folder, and click Kutools > More > Duplicate Tasks. See screenshot below:Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.