How to reduce attachments’ size when sending emails in Outlook?
If attachments are too large in emails, it will take some time to send these emails in Outlook. To avoid this situation, some users need to reduce the attachments’ size when sending emails. And this article will introduce a couple of solutions:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Actually, we can compress files to zipped files beforehand, and then attach the zipped files in your email. Please do as follows:
1. In the File Explorer, open the folder containing the files you will add as attachments in your email.
2. Select these files, right click and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. Click Home > New Email to create a new email in Outlook, and then click Insert > Attach File > Browse This PC or (Insert > Attach File).
4. In the Insert File dialog box, (1) open the folder containing the zipped file, (2) select the zipped file, (3) and click the Open or Insert button. See screenshot:
5. Compose the email and send it.
This method will introduce Kutools for Outlook’s Auto compress outgoing attachments options to automatically compress all attachments to zipped files in outgoing emails.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. Click Kutools > Options to open the Attachment Options dialog box. See screenshot:
2. In the Attachment Options dialog box, please check the Automatically compress attachments before sending emails option on the Compress tab, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
3. Now click Home > New Email to create a new email, and insert attachments as normal, compose the email and send it.
After sending, you will see all attachments in the sent emails have been compressed to zipped files automatically, and all attachments’ size are reduced too. See screenshot:
Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.