How to forward email without adding fw before subject in Outlook?
Normally when forwarding an email in Outlook, it will automatically add FW: at the beginning of subject line as below screenshot shown. But, in some conditions you may want to forward an email without the text of FW:, how to achieve it? Below solutions will help you:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will guide you to forward an email without adding FW: before subject with the Resend This Message feature in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, double click to open the email you will forward without FWD.
2. Now the email is opening in Message window. Please click Message > Actions > Resend This Message. See screenshot:
3. Now a warning dialog box pops out. Please click the Yes button to go ahead.
4. Now the email is editable. Please select your email account from the From drop down list, add recipients in the To/Cc fields, and then click the Send button. See screenshot:
So far, the email has been forwarded without adding FW: before subject. After sending, please close the original message.
This method will guide you to create a custom quick step to forward emails without adding FW: before subjects of forwarding emails in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, click the Create New option in the Quick Steps box on the Home tab. See screenshot:
2. In the Edit Quick Step dialog box, please (1) type a name for the new quick step in the Name box; (2) select Forward from the Actions drop down list; (3) and click the linked text of Show Options. See screenshot:
3. Now the forwarding options are expanded. Please remove the FW: in the Subject field, and click the Finish button. See screenshot:
4. Select the email you will forward, click the new quick step in the Quick Steps box, and now you will see the forwarding email is opening without FW: before subject. See screenshot:
5. Compose the forwarding email and send it.
Kutools for Outlook
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365