How to open zip attachments in Outlook?
It’s common to get zip attachments in received emails in Outlook. But how do you open these zip attachments quickly? Apart from opening zip attachments by saving it to hard disc, uncompressing, and then opening, there are another two solutions for you:
Generally speaking, you can open a zip attachment with double-click with following steps:
1. In the Mail view, click to open the email whose zip attachment you want to open in the Reading Pane.
2. Double click the zip attachment you want to open in the Attached bar.
3. In the popping out Opening Mail Attachment dialog box, please click the Open button to go ahead.
3. Now the zip attachment is uncompressed and saved into a temporary folder. Please double click to open the uncompressed file.
And now the zip attachment is opening.
4. For opening more zip attachments in the email, please repeat above 1-3 steps.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Uncompress All (attachments) feature to unzip all zip attachments in one or multiple emails, and then open these attachments by double clicking.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. In the Mail view, select the emails whose zip attachments you want to open, and click Kutools > Uncompress All. See screenshot:
2. And click the Yes button in the popping out Uncompress All dialog box.
Now all zip attachments in the selected emails are uncompressed in bulk. See screenshot:
3. Double click to open any attachment as you need.Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.