How to create an Outlook signature line in Word?
As you know, there is a Signature Line feature in Word to create signature line easily. Is it possible to create an Outlook signature with this Signature line feature in Word? This article will introduce two ways to get it done.
For creating an Outlook signature line in Word, please do as follows:
1. Create a blank Word document, and then click Insert > Signature Line. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Signature Setup dialog box, please (1) enter your name into the first box; (2) enter your title in the second box; (3) enter your email address into the third box; (4) check the Show sign date in signature line option, and (5) click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Launch your Outlook, and click Home > New Email to create a new email.
5. In the new Message window, please click Insert > Signature > Signatures. See screenshot:
6. In the Signatures and Stationery dialog box, please click the New button to open the New Signature dialog box, next name the new signature and click the OK button. See screenshot:
7. Now a new signature is created and selected. Please go to the Edit Signature box, paste the signature line that you copied in Word, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
So far, you have created an Outlook signature line via the Signature line feature of Microsoft Word.
As you see, there is a big X above the signature line by above method. To create an Outlook signature line without X above in Word, please do as follows:
1. Create a new Word document, click Insert > Table, and then select a 1x2 Table in the drop down list. See screenshot:
2. Now a 1x2 table is inserted, please type your name and title in the second cell.
3. Click Insert > Shapes > Line, and then draw a line in the middle of the table.
Now you will get a table with a horizontal line as below screenshot shown:
4. Select the table, and click Home > Borders > No Border to remove all borders from the table.
So far, you have created a signature line without X above in Word. Please follow the same steps I introduced in the first method to copy the signature line to a new Outlook signature.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.