How to undo delete (recover) deleted emails in Outlook?
For example, you have removed many emails from a mail folder in Outlook, but now you want to recover some of them, so how could you undo deleting? There are several solutions for you:
You can easily undo deleting by dragging the emails from the Deleted Items folder and dropping to the original folder in Outlook.
Click to open the Deleted Items folder on the Navigation Pane, drag the deleted email, and drop to the original folder. See screenshot:
You can also apply the Move feature to undo deleting emails in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Open the Deleted Items folder on the Navigation Pane, right click the specified email you will undo deleting, and select Move > Other Folder from the context menu. See screenshot:
(1) If the specified email’s original folder (take Inbox for example) is listing in the context menu, please click Move > Inbox directly.
(2) You can also select the specified email, and then press Ctrl + Shift + V keys together to move the email to other folder.
2. In the Move Items dialog, please select the original folder of the specified email, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
And now the specified deleted email is recovered and moved to its original folder.
If you have deleted the email permanently by pressing Shift + Delete keys simultaneously, or deleted it from the Delete Items folder again, you will not find out the specified deleted email in the Deleted Items folder any more. In this situation, you can undo deleting by the Recover Deleted items feature in Outlook.
1. Click Folder > Recover Deleted Items to open the Recover Deleted Items dialog.
2. In the Recover Deleted Items dialog, please select the specified email you will undo deleting, and click the OK button or (the Recover Selected Items button). See screenshot:
Note: By default, these permanently deleted emails are sorted by deleted date in ascending order, and the email you permanently deleted just now is placed at the bottom of the list. And you can easily reverse sorting with clicking the Deleted On column name.
100+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!