How to undo delete (recover) deleted emails in Outlook?
For example, you have removed many emails from a mail folder in Outlook, but now you want to recover some of them, so how could you undo deleting? There are several solutions for you:
You can easily undo deleting by dragging the emails from the Deleted Items folder and dropping to the original folder in Outlook.
Click to open the Deleted Items folder on the Navigation Pane, drag the deleted email, and drop to the original folder. See screenshot:
You can also apply the Move feature to undo deleting emails in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Open the Deleted Items folder on the Navigation Pane, right click the specified email you will undo deleting, and select Move > Other Folder from the context menu. See screenshot:
(1) If the specified email’s original folder (take Inbox for example) is listing in the context menu, please click Move > Inbox directly.
(2) You can also select the specified email, and then press Ctrl + Shift + V keys together to move the email to other folder.
2. In the Move Items dialog, please select the original folder of the specified email, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
And now the specified deleted email is recovered and moved to its original folder.
If you have deleted the email permanently by pressing Shift + Delete keys simultaneously, or deleted it from the Delete Items folder again, you will not find out the specified deleted email in the Deleted Items folder any more. In this situation, you can undo deleting by the Recover Deleted items feature in Outlook.
1. Click Folder > Recover Deleted Items to open the Recover Deleted Items dialog.
2. In the Recover Deleted Items dialog, please select the specified email you will undo deleting, and click the OK button or (the Recover Selected Items button). See screenshot:
Note: By default, these permanently deleted emails are sorted by deleted date in ascending order, and the email you permanently deleted just now is placed at the bottom of the list. And you can easily reverse sorting with clicking the Deleted On column name.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.