How to delete emails bypassing the trash folder in Outlook?
When deleting an email in Outlook, the email will be moved to the trash folder (Delete Items folder) automatically. However, some users may need to delete some emails directly with bypassing the trash folder, how to get it done? This method will show you the way to delete emails permanently with bypassing the trash folder.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will guide you to delete selected emails permanently with bypassing the Delete Items folder in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, select the emails you will delete bypassing the trash folder, and press the Shift + Delete keys simultaneously.
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails with clicking them one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails with clicking the first one and the last one.
2. And now a dialog box pops out and tells you the selected emails will be permanently deleted. Please click the Yes button.
And now all selected emails are deleted directly without being moved into the trash folder (the Deleted Items folder).
This method will guide you to archive all emails before a certain date from a mail folder to delete these emails with bypassing the trash folder (Deleted Items folder) in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Info > Tools > Clean Up Old Items (or File > Info > Cleanup Tools > Archive). See screenshot:
2. In the opening Archive dialog box, please do as follows:
(1) Check the Archive this folder and all subfolders option;
(2) Select the mail folder where you will delete emails bypassing the trash folder;
(3) Type the certain date into the Archive items older than box;
(4) Click the Browse button.
3. Now in the Open Outlook Data Files dialog box, please:
(1) Open the destination folder where you will save the archived PST file in;
(2) Type a name for the archived PST file in the File name box;
(3) Click the OK button.
4. Click the OK button in Archive dialog box.
So far, all emails you modified before the specified date have been deleted from the selected mail folder, bypassing the trash folder.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.