How to delete emails bypassing the trash folder in Outlook?
When deleting an email in Outlook, the email will be moved to the trash folder (Delete Items folder) automatically. However, some users may need to delete some emails directly with bypassing the trash folder, how to get it done? This method will show you the way to delete emails permanently with bypassing the trash folder.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
This method will guide you to delete selected emails permanently with bypassing the Delete Items folder in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, select the emails you will delete bypassing the trash folder, and press the Shift + Delete keys simultaneously.
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails with clicking them one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails with clicking the first one and the last one.
2. And now a dialog box pops out and tells you the selected emails will be permanently deleted. Please click the Yes button.
And now all selected emails are deleted directly without being moved into the trash folder (the Deleted Items folder).
This method will guide you to archive all emails before a certain date from a mail folder to delete these emails with bypassing the trash folder (Deleted Items folder) in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Info > Tools > Clean Up Old Items (or File > Info > Cleanup Tools > Archive). See screenshot:
2. In the opening Archive dialog box, please do as follows:
(1) Check the Archive this folder and all subfolders option;
(2) Select the mail folder where you will delete emails bypassing the trash folder;
(3) Type the certain date into the Archive items older than box;
(4) Click the Browse button.
3. Now in the Open Outlook Data Files dialog box, please:
(1) Open the destination folder where you will save the archived PST file in;
(2) Type a name for the archived PST file in the File name box;
(3) Click the OK button.
4. Click the OK button in Archive dialog box.
So far, all emails you modified before the specified date have been deleted from the selected mail folder, bypassing the trash folder.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.