How to set a rule to automatically copy emails to another folder in Outlook?
Outlook rules are very common to move, delete, or edit emails in Outlook working. Here, this article will introduce the tutorial about creating a rule to automatically copy emails to another folder by certain criteria in Outlook.
This method will guide you to create an Outlook rule to automatically copy emails to another folder by the specified subject keywords in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Select the mail folder you will create the rule for, and click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button. See screenshot:
3. In the Rules Wizard, please click to highlight the Apply rule on messages I receive option, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
4. In the Rules Wizard (which condition(s) do you want to check?), please set the filter criteria as you need.
In my case, I need to copy all emails whose subjects contain the keyword of comment. Therefore, I will configure as follows:
(1) check the with specific words in the subject option,
(2) click the linked text of specific words in the Step 2 section;
(3) add the keyword comment in the Search Text dialog box and click the OK button;
(4) click the Next button in the wizard. See screenshot:
5. In the Rules Wizard (what do you want to do with the message?), please do as below screenshot shown:
(1) Check the move a copy to the specified folder option;
(2) Click the linked text of specified in the Step 2 section;
(3) In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, specify the folder you will copy emails to, and click the OK button;
(4) Click the Next button in the wizard.
6. Click the Next button in the Rules Wizard (Are there any exceptions?) directly.
7. In the last Rules Wizard, please:
(1) Name the new rule in the Step 1 box;
(2) Check options as you need in the Step 2 section;
(3) Click the Finish button.
Now all emails whose subjects contain the keyword of comment are copied to the specified folder.
8. Close the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.