How to set a rule where my name is not in To or Cc field in Outlook?
You might be familiar with rules for emails sent to you directly in Outlook, but do you know how to set rules for emails if your name is not in the To or Cc field? This article will show you the solution about creating an Outlook rule where my name is not in To or Cc field.
This method will guide you to set an Outlook rule and move all emails that are not sent to you directly to the specified mail folder. Please do as follows:
1. Select the mail folder you will set the Outlook rule for, and click Home > Rule > Manage Rules & Alerts.
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button. See screenshot:
3. In the Rules Wizard, please click the Apply rule on messages I receive option, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
4. In the Rules Wizard (Which condition(s) do you want to check?), please click the Next button directly, and then click the Yes button in the popping out dialog box. See screenshot:
5. In the Rules Wizard (What do you want to do with the message?), please do as follows:
(1) Check the move it to the specified folder option;
(2) Click the linked text of specified in the Step 2 section;
(3) In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please choose the folder you will move emails to, and click the OK button;
(4) Click the Next button in the wizard.
6. Now the Rules Wizard (Are there any exceptions?) opens, please check the except if my name is in the To or Cc box option, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
7. Now you get into the last Rules Wizard. Please:
(1) Name the new rule in the Step 1 box;
(2) Check options as you need in the Step 2 section;
(3) Click the Finish button.
Now all emails where your name is not in the To or Cc fields are moved to the specified mail folder.
8. Close the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agothank you, very helpful
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi there, Excellent post but I need one more option. I want to create a rule to forward all emails received in my inbox to lets say firstname.lastname@example.org if mentioned email id is not in To or Cc filed.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothank you. Just what I needed :)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoBrilliant - just what I needed to remove the myriad of work emails not directly applicable to me.